1) Once a year the City will give you 4 hours of straight time to get cancer screening testing. The forms needed can be found on the members home page towards the bottom. The two forms must be filled out and given to Jill at headquarters.
2) If you have an AFLAC cancer policy, you get a "wellness benefit" once a year worth $75 just for getting your yearly physicals and appointments done. (Example: Colonoscopy, Mammogram). If you have AFLAC taken out of your paycheck, your representative is Robert J. Scott. He will go back 4 years of wellness checks for you. Call Mr. Scott at 1-888-772-3522 for assistance or questions.
3) If you have 901 BC/BS, you must still submit your BC/BS benefit statements to P & A Administraive Services for reimbursement of your major medical portion (not precriptions). They should be sent to the attention of Amy McCarthy. She is the only Buffalo Fire Department Representative at P & A. Only submit bc/bs benefit statements that list a dollar amount in the DEDUCTABLE COLUMN. Doctor Bills are not accepted.
Forms may be mailed, faxed or dropped off at 17 Court Street, Suite 500.
Ms. McCarthy is in the office on Monday, Wednesday and friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm. Please identify yourself as a Buffalo Firefighter when calling P & A and ask to speak with Amy McCarthy.
P & A Administrative Services, 17 Court St., Suite 500, Buffalo, NY 14202 - Attn: Amy McCarthy (716)852-2611 X 5522 / P & A FAX # 716-855-7146
4) Battin Eye Care -- All members MUST SIGN UP at the UNION OFFICE FIRST before calling Battin for an Appointment. It will then take 5 business days from the day the union receives the form before you can call for an appointment. Appointments are NECESSARY.
5) GHI. Dependent children are covered until age 25 years old if a full time student, and until age 19 if not full time student. A student verification form must be sent to GHI annually to prove that your dependant is a student for coverage to continue.